Wednesday 22 April 2015

Wardrobe Daydreams


Have you heard of Seasalt? They are from deep, dark Cornwall in the UK (kinda the Tasmania of England). It's the pointy toe bit. Although it's a beautiful part of the world, full of myths and legends and ice cream, it is also known for wet and wild weather. Ok, so is all of Britain, but even within Britain, it's known for it's damp. It's probably partly because lots of people try to spend school holidays there as it has lovely beaches but then have their campsites flooded by predictably shite weather that turns up every school holidays in the UK (the only predictable part of the weather in Old Blighty is long weekends and school holidays being wet).*

But Seasalt have embraced this and their stores are full of sensible jumpers and sensible coats and other sensible items that my mum would buy but I haven't quite grown up enough for yet. It's the kind of store where you think, hmmm, this is a bit too floral/stripey/middle class for me and then find yourself dreaming about one of their jumpers all winter. Oh, and they are fair trade with a bit of organic stuff thrown in.

Well, this week, I was all lined up to share with my day dreams of a beautiful Merino coat with you. And then life happened and all of Sydney is damp to the bone. And what I really, really, really wish I owned are these wellies.** I do love you Cornwall.

* Yes, I am writing from experience
** I will never live here long enough to call them gum boots. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment