Friday 1 May 2015

Wardrobe Daydreams

About a year ago, I made a key rack out of some drift wood. When I say made, I drilled five holes in it, screwed in some hooks and then used copious amounts of double sided tape to attach it to the wall. Since then, I have had a pretty good idea of where my keys are. It makes me feel very grown up.

Not so for my phone. I can never find it and if I do find it easily then the battery is dead. Even when it's charged, I can hardly see the screen because I dropped it face down on the curb a few months ago. The very antithesis of grown up. It's an excellent situation for a self-employed word-of-mouth consultant, non?

This desk organizer is not just in my day dreams because it looks so sleek and Scandinavian, nor is it because it's made in Australia, nor is it because it's made my a collective who call themselves Made From Good Deeds. No, it's because I endow it with magical properties of solving all my phone dilemmas: it would both store and charge my phone. Angels would sing. For that reason, I don't think I can ever purchase it.* It would be too much of a disappointment to have the illusion shattered. Besides, unless it comes with something to zap my 15 month old every time she went near it, my phone would still end up in a toy aeroplane chilling out with the Duplo zebra on a semi-regular basis.

*Also, it would not look like this on my desk. My pencil holder contains one hundred and three broken pens that I optimistically keep hold of, one working pen, two screw drivers, the kitchen scissors, and a set of oversized German colouring pencils that I've had since I started primary school some time last century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment